Re: [code help]ascii maps???

From: Sammy (samedi@DHC.NET)
Date: 07/11/97

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Snow Man wrote:

> Has anyone coded a design so that you can add ascii maps to a mud???
> I want to design my 90% of the whole ascii maps.. I have it all written
> and maped out yet I don't know how to add them to a mud..
>
> wondering if there was just a code the you can insert the whole map and
> the room maps out what you see...
[examples snipped]
> has anyone coded anything sim. to what im talking about??????
> thanks

Yeah it's not too difficult if you're asking what I think you're asking.
It sounds like you want to integrate overhead maps along with standard
rooms, right?  I threw together a simple prototype a while back that
allowed a 200x200 map (or however big you feel like making it) with
connections to normal room-text zones.

I think I wrote it for bpl9 and I never did clean it up and add the
features I had planned, but it's very configurable and easy enough to add
on to.  One of these days I'll dig it up and try to make a patch out of
it, but if you've got questions I can probably help out.

Sam