Re: Dispel Evil & Dispel Good...

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 07/24/97

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Heartless wrote:

>         Anyone else notice that these two spells do absolutely INSANE
> damage and make clerics ENORMOUSLY powerful?  Jeez louise.. who thought
> all that damage would be a swell idea?  Am I missing something?

It's all a matter of style and game balance.

Example:
An avg mid-level mob has 200 HP.

One spell does 2 points per cast and is only available to high-level
mages. This spell would be worthless.

One spell does 2000 points per cast and is given to all 1st level
characters. This is too powerful.

One spell does 50 points of damage and is given to mid-level clerics and
mages. Seems fair to me.

If you don't like the numbers, change them. That's why you have the code
instead of just the pre-compiled binaries.

John Evans
mailto: evansj@hi-line.net    http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj

I don't suffer from Insanity!  I enjoy every minute of it!