Re: Dispel Evil & Dispel Good...

From: Chris Proctor (cjp@YOYO.CC.MONASH.EDU.AU)
Date: 07/24/97

>         Anyone else notice that these two spells do absolutely INSANE
> damage and make clerics ENORMOUSLY powerful?  Jeez louise.. who thought
> all that damage would be a swell idea?  Am I missing something?

Well, there are disadvantages to it.
For example, a cleric who doesn't watch his/her alignment will find the
spell targetting them (see the spells themselves, for dispel good, if the
caster is good he/she becomes the target, ouchie!).
This is standard in circle, not an enhancement. Of course, you can add
nasty things like this to any spell you think is unbalanced, give it a
penalty for use, in effect.

Don't let the players know though, it'll spoil my fun ;-)

Chris
      "A double-edged sword lets you cut down
      your enemies with the backswing as well."
             -- Gerrard of the Weatherlight