Re: portal problem

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 07/27/97

On Sunday, July 27, 1997 8:29 AM, lsdinc@ELKNET.NET [SMTP:lsdinc@ELKNET.NET]
wrote:
> as i have stated before, i am having a problem with the portal spell from
> the ftp site... the problem is in the limits.c section, when it comes time
> to remove the portal, the mud crashes. there are no messages, logs entries
> or anything, it just crashes... the only msg i can get out of gdb is as
> follows

> 0x4007e188 in free ()

I don't use the portal code.. and haven't seen it.. but..

1) It crashed in free.. Time to look for an invalid pointer to whatever you
were freeing

2) A backtrace would help a lot .. fire up gdb on your core file.. or fire up
the mud
under gdb and get it to crash.. then send us the output of backt

--Mallory
"Never worry about the bullet with your name on it. Instead, worry about
shrapnel addressed to 'occupant.'" --Murphy