Re: Mansions...? (creating arrays/extra flags for players)

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 07/29/97

> While searching for new ideas on old muds, I came accross A mud that
> offered mansions...  Where a player after reaching a certian level could
> build his own mansion(that he/she could expand and modify/create in).
> He/She could also lay siege to other's mansions.  I fell in love with it
> emediatly but appon thinking about creating a mansion system it brought up
> some questions on how I could limit the number of rooms created by a
> player.  To make this short.. how would one add an extra flag/array to a
> player to keep track of his/her created rooms?

        2 ways come to mind immediately.....

        1) Store the information in the character file (ie, add something
like "int rooms_in_my_own_personal_house")

        2) add a flag "owner" to the rooms (you'll probably want to do
this anyway), and upon bootup, scan through and count the rooms. Use this
for a more stable counting style - though you'll have to update this
number when the character creates more rooms..

                You can just modify the house code in stock circle, and
add oasis support for owners...

                                                        PjD