Re: [NEW IDEA?] Binary Pfile Editing system

From: Tigeba (tigeba@SPRINTMAIL.COM)
Date: 07/29/97

Shane wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Zizazat Lazuras wrote:
>
> #> I'd rather just see ASCII pfiles in the stock code personally.
> #
>
>  Well, I personaly think ascii pfiles are a security risk. I know the box
> i code on, is NOT SECURE. I don't know alot of people who can say there
> box is totaly secure. All someone has to do is login and upload there
> file.
>
> *shrug*

The benefits of ascii pfiles are hardly offset by the slight chance that
someone
can gain access to your account and upload/modify their pfile...  If
this
occurs you have way bigger problems than someone giving themselves 1
billion
coins.  Besides, if they hack your account, they are going to have all
the
tools they need to edit a binary file anyway (they are gonna have your
mud source
too you know... :)

Tigeba