Re: Help with color in prompt

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 08/08/97

> Ive been attempting to add color to the prompt...I first tried to do it
> with easycolor, code looking like this:
                        > snip <
> the prompt, and the all the normal text on the screen blinks in and out!
> :P  So my question is, what variable for color should I be using in
> there, instead of KRED?

        Actually, what you had first will work just fine.  Of course,
since the prompt doesn't go through the normal display like act,
send_to_char, and everything else, in the function "make_prompt" (at
least, thats what it is over here) you might want to add the "parse_color"
function in the correct places.

        Note: this is not as particularly as easy as it sounds.  As a
matter of fact, it took me about 2 days of on-off work (well, kinda work..
okay.. total time of like 4 hours..) to get it to work without crashing,
and then in with the custom prompt-type code.

                                                PjD