Re: Re[2]: Re[2]: Aggr mobs - with races added

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 08/10/97

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, AFCervo wrote:

-+>      correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this a 2d array? if it isn't, what
-+>      is?
-+>      Quote ------>
-+ It would appear to be 2d yup yup

That would be correct.  Forgive me for being a bit rusty (it has been 2 months,
after all :)).  Sorry, worthless fool that I am now, it will only be a matter
of time before I get back into the groove. :)

-+int racial_behavior[NUM_MOB_RACES][NUM_MOB_RACES] = {
-+       /*   Hum      Elf     Dwa        Orc      Eag    */
-+/*human* { FRIEND , FRIEND , HATE   , DESPISE, NEUTRAL },
-+/*elf*/  { FRIEND , FRIEND , DESPISE, HATE   , FRIEND },

The problem here is defining just what a "friend", "foe", "neutral", or
"disapproved" race is to one another.  For instance, if you "despise" a
race, what behaviour does that result in?  How does it differ from being
"hated"?  Also, what difference does "friend" and "neutral" dictate.
until you define the entire range of actions, the only thing you'll need
is 0 or 1 (friend, enemy).

[Once again, sorry for the foolishness of before, it's been a while :)  Kind
of like riding a bike, I suppose.  You don't do it for a long time and you
still know the basics, but you won't be quite as good as you were before.
Just a matter of practice, then...]

--
Daniel Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:-  [Shadowlord/Nether]
Dance in the darkness, bleeding rage, crying with inhumanity, and