Re: REdit and OLC crashes

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 08/11/97

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Patrick J. Dughi wrote:

>        However, there are many places where you can clear the buffer, and
>save it as a null string.  This is bad.  Anytime that that string is
>accessed, you're going to run the risk of crashing.  I'd recommend that

Fixing that in v1.5.  I think I've gotten most of them, if you see any
still laying around, report them to me.

>you write a function like "rlist" on the snippet site, but modified to
>look for null names, descs, etc, in the room descs, and to tell you which

show error              (with a little tweaking)

Technically though, your function should check for a NULL regardless.

--
greerga@muohio.edu me@null.net | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.muohio.edu/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard