Re: [OasisOLC] Exits?

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 08/12/97

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Adam Beytin wrote:

> > I don't know if this is an old discussion or what but I have been informed
> > by my builders that from time to time when creating exits using oasisolc
> > the exits sometime end up being off by one or two numbers..
> > Such as 15055 ending up being 15054 or 15053...
>
> same problem here.  When someone is editing a room, and a bunch of other
> people are editing rooms, often new rooms and such are created, messing up
> the rnums used.  So, even though you told Oasis to give it exit 15055,
> someone created a new room, and the rnum was already set, so now the rnum
> for 15055 is now really the rnum for 15054, and so when it shows the exit,
> the room number for rnum 15054 is equal to the old rnum for 15055..
>
> If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, I would love to hear them.

This is not a code solution, but a policy one. If someone is editing a
room, don't make a new room until they are done. Go on and edit something
else. My staff of builders is very small (less than 10), and only 1-3 are
on at any one time, so this is not a problem.

I was not aware of this problem, and now that I am, the new policy is in
effect until I can fix the code for it.

If anyone else fixes it, please post, and I will do the same when I have
time. (Currently enthralled by another project.)

John Evans
mailto: evansj@hi-line.net    http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj

I don't suffer from Insanity!  I enjoy every minute of it!