Re: Pfiles

From: Robert Sinland (rsinland@ERSKINE.POLARISTEL.NET)
Date: 08/14/97

Ben Boyle wrote:

> > Asking for opinions on what things are most likly to trash pfiles, the
> > binary ones. In the past it used to happen to us occasionally when an
>
> we had a similar problem recently - the mud would crash everytime we tried
> to "stat" him.  it was to do with affections - he was blinded, invisible,
> poisoned, infravision... *shrug*.  have a look in the system logs.
> unaffect fixed our problem, but i still don't how it happened to begin with.
>
>         Ben

  In this case what he (a builder type) did was load up a slug of mobs
into a room, and blasted them with some room spell.
I don't have the rest of the details yet, but he has reproduced it a few
times now.  In the meantime I converted over to the ascii player files
:)  Pretty neat so far!
Anyone have a list of things (like stat file) etc that will now be
broken by chance?
RS