Re: World Builder for hire

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 08/15/97

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Eduo - Tempus Fugit Pseudo Admin wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Heather Roche wrote:
>
>> PS What is a common wage for world builders?
>
>Well, the most common one I have seen is none, I have no idea if there are
>actually common wages for builders, but in my case "excellent" builders
>have come and are perfectly happy with being builders (and demi gods),

Same here, and most places won't pay anything either because it gets into
many legal things (taxes? paycheck account?) that most don't want to bother
with.

>eiher because it's something they wanted to do or because it's something
>that makes them feel better (recognition? fame?) or because they want to
>enhance a mud they like and/or love.

The prospect of promotion and the fun of building something that others
will run through and experience drives most.

--
greerga@muohio.edu me@null.net | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.muohio.edu/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard