Re: bpl12 Suggestions

From: Niese-Petersen (Tenp@CRIS.COM)
Date: 08/17/97

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Alex wrote:

> > >SP #4
> > >        - Loaded objects appear in inventory, not ground
> >
> > Seems just as inconvenient to have it load into your inventory if
> > you're loading for someone else..
> >
> With this one, it's probably better to load into the inventory for
> 'security' reasons.  The way we do it on VieMud is to load it into
> the inventory unless it is a NOTAKE item.  Then it goes straight onto
> the ground.  The main reason for doing it this way is because of the
> whole 'stupid player' situation.  A large number of players will go
> out and grab anything they can, regardless of consequences, just because
> they are able to.  Something about abusing any holes possible.
> Unfortunately, sometimes, you just don't notice either.

Agree. If you (an immortal with load power) are in the middle of a
room filled with mortals, then there is a very high chance that
either a stupid player (with no clue what so ever) or a player who just
like to make trouble, will pick it up, if loaded to the room.

If an immortal think it's a hassle to type give <name> after each load,
then they coul dget load recoded to do this: load obj <obj-name> <char
name>  .. So it will load the object and give it directly to whoever
is <char-name> ...

Erik Niese-Petersen
AKA Quint the Typo Dane
Computer Programmer