Re: bpl12 Suggestions

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 08/17/97

On 8/18/97 5:17 AM, Franco (awe@CET.COM) stated:

>  Good idea. However, if I remember correctly, being able to use an
>"olc" based building format would create some problems, possibily needing
>runtime info for inheritance chains. However, I very much like the idea of
>seeing the Circlemud structure "converted" over to a more object-oriented
>style, multithreaded (imagine the syncronization threads this would
>start..)
>system (and a new combat system, throwing out that crappy AD&D one,
>maybe using a Rolemaster type instead for endless expansion). Just a
>few ideas.

I've been planning this lately, in fact...
I have my SpaceMaster, and MERP handbooks handy... someone ripped off my
CyberSpace book a while back and I haven't found a new copy. :-(

I've already got "threaded" combat (read: event based)... the problem
with going all threads is that you loose MacOS, Win95, and most likely
WinNT support, plus stability/performance on other systems that have poor
threading.

I'll let the rest of you know of any progress, although I can gaurantee
you this won't be a modified CircleMUD.  This would be a MUD from the
ground up (almost everything would change anyways, so....)

- Chris Jacobson