Re: bpl12 Suggestions

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@JUNCTIONNET.COM)
Date: 08/18/97

>I've been planning this lately, in fact...
>I have my SpaceMaster, and MERP handbooks handy... someone ripped off my
>CyberSpace book a while back and I haven't found a new copy. :-(

Yeah, SpaceMaster/RoleMaster is the PRIME style of game for MUD's....the
darn game is so math intensive, it can only speed it up :)  And the
criicals are definitely worth the fun ;)

>I've already got "threaded" combat (read: event based)... the problem
>with going all threads is that you loose MacOS, Win95, and most likely
>WinNT support, plus stability/performance on other systems that have poor
>threading.

Don't be too sure on the mac aspect.  Macs have a Thread Manager
extension that takes care of this.  You just have to access it.  I
personally don't know how to do this, but you can do it.  Also, I heard
NT has threading capabilities, but I haven't heard anything on Win 95.

>I'll let the rest of you know of any progress, although I can gaurantee
>you this won't be a modified CircleMUD.  This would be a MUD from the
>ground up (almost everything would change anyways, so....)

That's the best way to handle it...it would be best to do this kind of an
undertaking in that way, not only do you get the features working the way
you want it, you aren't bound by liscences and can sell it ;)