Re: bpl12 Suggestions

From: Justin (c616077@SHOWME.MISSOURI.EDU)
Date: 08/20/97

Said by The D.K.:
> In other words, part of the problem with building, is that you know what
> you want, just never have the time or inclination to tell the builders.
> Either that or you just don't realize they really don't know.  Whatever
>
> If you have builder guide lines, make the "suggestions" or "hints" towards
> getting an area approved clear and thorough.  For instance, instead of
> situation for you.  This way, a builder that takes the time to read the
> manual you provide, will be more productive and useful.
>
> Of course, if you plan on having more than two or three builders working
> on areas at one time, and want to save yourself the trouble of checking
> on them, you should probably look for people to do this type of thing
> for you (builders not working on their own zone).

I don't know if anyone remembers, but a while back I asked for examples of
peoples' policies, so I could have assisstance putting the unclear
concepts in my head in order and in text.  Well, this is also what I did
at the same time.  I wrote about 4 1/2 screens of guidlelines and
expectations for my builders.  It details what it would take to get
approved, what would get an area denied, and left the area content up to
them, for the most part.  And the document didn't just go for areas, it
also was for items, mobs, zones, anything that was created rather than
coded.  Guess what I'm trying to say is, as usual, DK has IMHO the best
idea of how to go about things.

Salvatore