[COMPILING] Weird Compiling error.

From: Stephen Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 08/22/97

        Greetings

        Recently my ISP had a major hard drive crash, and they lost all
there C libraries and such. They have since replaced them but I am still
unable to fully compie my MUD. Been one problem after another since that
damn crash. Anyways, Heres the latest thing thats got me stumped. First,
heres the error when I try to compile:

make ../bin/circle
gcc -c -g -O   comm.c
In file included from comm.c:30:
comm.h:83: conflicting types for `htonl'
/usr/include/machine/endian.h:64: previous declaration of `htonl'
comm.h:95: conflicting types for `ntohl'
/usr/include/machine/endian.h:66: previous declaration of `ntohl'

        NOW, here is the lines it is referring to in comm.h:

#ifndef htonl
   u_long htonl();
#endif
#ifndef ntohl
   u_long ntohl();
#endif

        And finally, here is where it is already declared, in a file
called endian.h which was with a bunch of other C library filesm this is
how it is listed:

u_int32m_t      htonl __P((u_int32m_t));
u_int32m_t      ntohl __P((u_int32m_t));

        SO, Can I remove the declaration in comm.h or is where it is
declared in endian.h not the way its supposed to be? Anyone got any
advice? Thanx
                                                Ryan