Re: __FUNCTION__

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 08/25/97

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Angus Mezick wrote:

>     My main worry with this is wether or not it creates a core dump... I
>     don't think it will as strlen just searched down the list for a '\0'
>     (i hope)

Touching the variables at all seemed to cause a crash, not immediately, but
after clear_buffer() exited.

>     BTW: I love the magic number syntax... works much quicker then my idea
>     of if(clearme->size<strlen(clearme->data)) crash;

Nod.

>     You might want to use a different magic number though, for example
>     '0x06' which is ACK and only supposed to be used for networking....
>     don't think it will appear in the middle of a string like '='(0x3D)
>     will.

Thanks, I've changed it.

(I thought the original message was CC:'d to the list so I deleted it from
bacon when I received it since I can only reply to the list from dragon.)

--
greerga@muohio.edu me@null.net | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.muohio.edu/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard