Re: killing same mobs EXP gain limitation

From: Edward Glamkowski (EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM)
Date: 08/25/97

        I believe that on Arctic they don't keep track of how
many times each player has killed a specific mob, only how
many times has the mob been killed in x amount of time.
        So if 10 different people kill the same mob repeatedly
in a short period of time, they will all get less and less,
and if some poor sap comes along a few minutes later after
the others have left, he will get virtually no exp too.
        Someone correct me if I am wrong :)
(certainly, that would be much easier to implement...)

Edward Glamkowski, Programmer           Mathematica Policy Research
EGlamkowski@mathematic-MPR.COM          Princeton, NJ
                http://www.mathematica-mpr.com/

        In the chapel at Biggin Hill there is a golden book in a glass case.
Every day for the past twenty-five years a page has been turned.  On
each page one can read the names and ranks of those who took off on
that day  and never returned.  Sometimes the page is filled to the last
line.
        They are all Dowding's boys.

        The Battle of Britain  by Marcel Jullian

Has anyone implemented EXP limitations for killing same mobs
over and over again?
The idea is:
When player kills mob first time, he gets full XP.
When he kill same mob more and more, he gets less and less
XP.  If he killed same mob for over 100 times, he gets no XP
at all.  If he stops killing same mob for a while and killed
20-40 other mobs, he can kill first mob for full XP again.
I saw this system on ArcticMUD (www.arctic.org) and it works
great!

Anyone have any ideas about implementing that system?
If you just keep an array with mobs and number_of_kills per
each mob, playerbase will become ~10 kb larger per each
player. :(

  Andrey (andrey@alex-ua.com)      Kiev, Ukraine, Europe
    aka Zmey//RMUD (Russian MUD project)