Re: [Admin][Serious][More Info] Fake IP Attacks on MUD

From: David Klasinc (bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI)
Date: 09/01/97

On Sun, 31 Aug 1997, Chris Jacobson wrote:

> These came about one every 10 seconds... not a 'flood' but enough to
> annoy.  However, it appears that a major upgrade I just did to the MUD
> (over 2 months in coding updates in a new binary, that I was waiting for
> the right time and apwipe to upload) can take this assault and not flinch.
>
> But it can still be a problem... perhaps it should be looked into.

 Hm, generally.... Addresses are difficult to fake and I think that fake
addresses should be stopped at the routers... I think you should contact
your sysadmin or ISP and tell everythign about this.

 Do you have ident patch installed? I think it might help... Anyway... I
think that router should stop this bizzare IP's and bounce them away or at
least track them down.

David!