Re: Pissing off the players administration

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 09/02/97

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Andrew Helm wrote:

-+I'm confused. Are you saying that Daniel believes that pissing-off
-+your players, but not to the point that you make them leave, is
-+*not* the Art of Administration? You see, he's completely caught
-+up in the words, unable to see the ideas and motivations behind
-+them. He understands how to run a mud properly, and he has good
-+intentions, but he has fallen for a popular fallacy... that you
-+have to frustrated players in a way that would make them want
-+to leave the mud. I cannot get this point across to someone who
-+will not listen and only responds aggressively despit my best
-+intentions.

While I swore to myself I would not continue with the foolishness,
I will break my promise (it was to myself, so it's not that big of
a deal).  I am not caught up in the words, you are.  You are expressing
the same idea as I am, but are crying foul over how I chose to
initially express those ideas.  Whenever I explain how I initially
chose to express the ideas, you agree with the ideas; then, when I
state this is what I meant by my original statement, you suddenly
disagree.  You are caught up and unable to get past the words, son,
not me.

I responded quite aggressively, true.  Do I regret calling you an
"idiot" several times (with varying degrees of adjectives)?  No,
because that is what you are.

--
Daniel Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:-  [Shadowlord/Nether]
Think.