Re: [Code]Werewolf Race

From: David Klasinc (bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI)
Date: 09/04/97

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Daniel Koepke wrote:

> The problem is that if someone logs in after time_info.hours is over 21,
> then they don't get affected.  That means that someone who is a werewolf
> but logs in, say, a mud hour later than 21 will not be affected.  Of
> course, you could do an AFF_xxx check.  It'd be good to use weather.c
> to do the time check then call the werewolf functions, which will check
> whether or not the person is presently a werewolf and currently in a
> wolf state.  I fthey are NOT a wolf and it is >= 21 then you add the
> AFF_xxx flag and have it expire in (24-current hour)+(morning hour).  That
> is, if time_info.hours is 21, and morning occurs (eg., when the person is
> no longer a wolf) at 6, then (24-21)+6, or 9 mud hours.  This eliminates
> the need for self-modifying the player's abilities (which is dangerous).

Hm, that's true... Maybe it would be even better just to modify fight,
regen and other functions? So when the time is right and player is
werewolf, you would just use some temoporary modifiers in the current
function, then get rid of them, this wouldn't require any AFF_ flags and
stuff.. But it is more complicated to code, because you would have to
change all the functions that deal with player stats... Kinda messy...

David!