Re: Some questions about code

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 09/06/97

On Sat, 6 Sep 1997, Andrey Fidrya wrote:

-+Whats skill "punch" for?
-+It isn't used in the code anywhere, only defined in spell*...

Nothing, now.  Not to suggest that it will ever be used, but it might
have been at one point in time.  In any case, a 'punch' skill is
illogical, and really confusing, since most people will think it is
a social (right now, I believe it is).

-+25 is max for NPC and 18 is max for player. (am I right?)
-+I want to change stat limits so the mobs and the players
-+can have their stats within same range (from 1 to 30).
-+What things should I change except some functions
-+that compare stat with some random number?

I think the main stuff lies in limits.c, modify.c (maybe), class.c,
and constants.c

-+Another thing that puzzled me is STR_ADD.
-+As far as I understood, it shows how much weight
-+player can wield (or carry), but why don't just use
-+STR/2 instead of STR_ADD to determine max wieldable
-+weight of weapon?

No, strength add is an addition to the normal strength range so that
warriors can be stronger than other classes.  It is a bonus.

-+If player's STR is 18, then STR_ADD is random number from 0 to 100.
-+What's this line for?

It gives a warrior with 18 strength a random bonus between 0 and 100.

--
Daniel Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:-  [Shadowlord/Nether]
Think.