Re: [Building]Customizing room directions

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 09/11/97

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Bode, Wyatt wrote:

>Note the vnums of the rooms as I walk from the shore to the swamp, and
>back again.  The descriptions of the "Highway" (rooms 19503 and 19510)
>change depending which direction I am traveling.  The only problem is
>that objects/mobs/players in one room will not be able to interact with
>the other room directly, even though it appears to be in the same
>physical location (uh-oh, sounds like some CODING to do *8->  I'll work
>on that problem later.)  Anyway, I think it allows an extra cool
>customization of the game text.

Sounds like it would be a lot easier to just have your builders include
what is east and west in their room descriptions.  But if you really like
the idea, you could define a couple strings (like exit descriptions) which
are appended to the main description when you enter from that side.

North Enter Description might say "You want to turn around and go back
towards the north." but then you need word wrap to add it to the main
description. :)