Re: Oasis Pre #13 & #12

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 09/27/97

On Sat, 27 Sep 1997, George wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Sep 1997, John Evans wrote:
>
> >Anyways, after typing 'patch < olc.pre13', I got the tons of messages
> >about failed hunks (not a surprise at all), and at the very end, I got:
> >
> >patch: **** misordered hunks! output would be garbled
>
> Couple people have reported corruption (but I've checked the files many
> many times and they are fine).  Try FTP'ing them from the anonymous
> directory of ftp.van.ml.org in /pub/greerga

Well, I've downloaded it with Netscape, MSIE, Lynx, WS_FTP, and linux
FTP, and all end up with the same results. The file is definatly NOT
corrupt. I have read through all of them, and there is no garbling of the
patch file.

It's probably just choking on the fact that my code has gone through some
massive changes. No biggie. I'll just restore the backup that I did
before the attempted patches, and apply the thing by hand.

Wish me luck, and may God save my eye-sight. :)

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.