Re: Newbie: Looking for some text..

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 09/27/97

On Sat, 27 Sep 1997, Aaron Miller wrote:

-+Yes i've been there. I have checked out just about all that, I was
-+hoping for some more coding related documentation. Although I could go
-+without it, I figured I would try asking.

Did you perhaps check the FAQ?  The docs included with Circle?
The question below alone makes me think that you haven't.

-+ And, how soon will jeremy's coding.doc be finished?

The official answer is: when it's done, it's done.  It is always
amazing (to me, at least) to see people asking for particular
dates for something to be completed.  We are talking about
free software distributed and supported by a single person (well,
mainly; not to discredit Alex for his work on the world files,
or any contributors to CircleMUD), not commercial software that
is being jammed together in a matter of months to be sold.  What
are you expecting?  "Jeremy says coding.doc will be finished in
the second quarter of 1998." ?!  Seriously, what kind of answer
does one expect with this?  "Oh, that, well, I'll be able to
finish exactly in December, even though this is just a hobby,
and I have no obligation to even bother doing it at all, let
alone doing it quickly for your convenience."

--
Daniel Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:-  [Shadowlord/Nether]
Think.