Re: Newbie: Looking for some text..

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 09/27/97

On Sat, 27 Sep 1997, Aaron Miller wrote:

-+Yes I did. I was wondering if there was something more I could find to
-+help me with the coding aspects of circle.

Knowledge of how to program in C?  Common Sense?  Those two tools
have helped me unendlessly.  If you don't have the first, a book on C
would suffice; and if you don't have the second...you're shit out
of luck.

-+And, as a matter of fact, someone replied to me who had
-+written one section that is to be included in coding.doc. Thats what I
-+was looking for, not silly flames by people like yourself.

Please, define, "people like," myself, since you certainly don't know
me.  If you mean to imply that I am not a productive member of
the CircleMUD community, please check a variety of the availible
CircleMUD resources.  I've done a few things.

Oh, and actually, show me where I flamed you?  I must've missed
that part.

No, I didn't flame you.  But I should have.  While you can say that
you read all of the availible documentation on CircleMUD, you
apparently didn't pay all that much attention when you were reading
the FAQ.  Last time I checked, there was the question:

  When will the production release of Circle 3.0 be?
  I don't know.  Don't ask again.  Same for the next patch level.

Sure, it doesn't say anything about coding.doc, but it does apply
to all parts of CircleMUD, and coding.doc *is* a part of the
CircleMUD distribution.

Tell me again how you read all of the availbile information
before posting...I love a good fiction just as much as the next
guy.

--
Daniel Koepke -:- dkoepke@california.com -:-  [Shadowlord/Nether]
Think.