Re: An uncommon problem...

From: Rasdan (rasdan@PEAK.ORG)
Date: 09/30/97

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Chris Jacobson wrote:

> On 9/29/97 2:33 AM, Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM) stated:
>
> >That's a perfectly valid idea, but more likely, the player will
> >have it right, or will eventually learn that "abscus" means
> >"dragon" and then you're back to where languages don't even
> >matter; and then you're also back to the unusual, medical
> >problem that begat this thread.
>
> Well in an EFFICIENT scrambling system there would be random scrambling,
> thereby defeating the learning method of overcoming the system.
>
> - Chris Jacobson

I disagree. Think about it, when you hear words spoken in a different
language over time relating to a certain context, you can pick up the
meaning of it eventually.

This is one aspect of realism I think is needed, the ability to 'learn'
another language just but repeated viewing of it.

To do otherwise, is not efficient, it is half done.

Rasdan

  I have done so much,
  with so little,                         James C. Thomas Jr.
  for so long,                                  Rasdan
  That I can do anything                Head Coder of Finality!
  with nothing.