Re: [NEWBIE] Questions 30, 97 06:09:13 pm

From: Aaron Miller (Tarus50@CONCENTRIC.NET)
Date: 10/01/97

> 2.) How can I set a room where you die?? Say I die, I am then transported
> to the church, and a healer is there and heals me, you see this on a lot of
> MUDs.

I believe you are already transported somewhere when you die, I could be
wrong, I'm just starting out with Circle. Look around in the code,
espicially when someone enters the game, as they are placed in a certain
place. Use something like that code when they die.

> 5.)anyway I could change the auto* stuff to something like tthis, you type
> auto, you get a list of all the auto and weather they are on or off for
> your char. then by typing autoexit, autoloot, ect. swiches thhat comand on
> off.

Look at the code for toggle. I would guess its in act.informative.c, but I
could be wrong. Make a function called do_autolist, and use the code from
toggle to display the auto* flags as on or off. Then add the command
autolist to the appropriate places in interpreter.c
> 6.) Lastly, How can I edit a specil global that can be used by players to
> 'prey' to gods. exzample A char type prey message and the gods hear thhis
> message, but the god/gods individually have the power to block out that
> channel if need just so they don't see the message, like turning off gosip
> by typeing gossip think you get the idea.

Look at the gossip code, in act.comm.c I believe. Make something like that
, only change all the instances of gossip to pray. Shouldn't be too
difficult. Also, might want to add a toggle to let them turn it on and
off, that code should be in with the rest of the gossip stuff. If you want
only gods to see it, before the section where it broadcasts the message
(not sure what that looks like, you will have to find it yourself) put an
if to check their level..
> All and any help apreciated, and do me a favor if you tell me to modify
> something PLEASE tell me the name of the file and about where I should put
> the new code. Thanks a lot!!

We aren't going to write the code for you :P

Whatever you do, though, don't ask for documentation besides that included
with circle. They don't appreciate that here.. *shudder*