Re: AutoQuesting Code "Josh Brittenham" at Oct 3, 97 01:46:13 pm

From: Aaron Miller (Tarus50@CONCENTRIC.NET)
Date: 10/03/97

> A small orc is standing here. [RuineR]
>
> And with this, nobody else but RuineR would be able to kill it,
> thus eliminating a lot of annoyances by somebody killing your
> quest mob.  I'd like some insight on this, and if something like
> this is possible.  Until then, I'm going to go through the whole
> quest.c file and clean everything up. :P

Yes it shoudl be possible. Add a field to mobs, if one isnt free, for
holding the persons name. Then, in quest.c add a bit of code that assigns
the persons name to that field. Finally, in fight.c, check for the field
and if it isnt empty, then allow only that person to fight it. Finnaly,
after the mob is dead be sure to remove the flag :) Oh, and I suppose you
could add lots of cosmetic changes to this, like displaying who can kill
it when the mobbed is looked at, and the room the mob is in. Perhaps in
the questors score command, etc..