Re: Jesus walked on water...

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 10/15/97

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Jeremy Elson wrote:

>If I'm on a boat, and I drop something, I would expect it to drop in
>the boat -- not in the water.  Unfortunately this is beyond the
>capabilities of Circle because objects can't go into other objects --

Make boats a container?

>they can only be in your inventory or on the ground.  As bad as it is
>for objects to be able to "sit" on water (the current situation), I
>think having people lose objects that they drop is even worse.

Is not the realism of don't drop things while over the water better than
things such as anvils floating around?

I think if we made boats into a container, then we could have anything
dropped go into them.  (Which means I'd go back to my original approach of
not in obj_to_room course.)  Then we'd have the non-losing aspect and the
realism too.