Re: Jesus walked on water...

From: David Klasinc (bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI)
Date: 10/16/97

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Doppleganger Software wrote:

> On the snippets site, there is one procedure for falling players in
> flying rooms.  I went one step further and created the same thing for
 There was? :) Hm, I will go and take a look at it, I want to see how wwas
it solved.. :)

> objects.  I also made a sinking procedure for objects, for all the
> underwater rooms that I have.  No object is EVER lost on my MUD if you
> drop it.  It may sink...or if it has a ITEM_FLOAT flag, it won't sink at
> all.  Kinda fun with my random wave motion....ITEM_CONTAINER bottle,
> stick a note in it, and see who comes to rescue you :)
This is exatcly what I did, players will fall down and take damage wen
they hit the ground, items will fall down and take damage when hit the
ground. Hm, I don't have ITEM_FLOAT, I just check for the material from
which item is made of, if it's wood or something similar, it will float,
if it's iron it will sink.. :) Simple... :)

> As you can guess I was going for realism.  Let's just say I was sick of
> flying bird corpses, and their flying gold.  <grin>
*AGREE* !!! :))) When I implemented flying and when I was testing fighting
in the air I noticed a flying corpse and flying sword. *grin*

David!