Re: Jesus walked on water...

From: Ron Cole (rcole@EZY.NET)
Date: 10/17/97

>> I also believe they shouldn't lose things, but then again, if you *really*
>> want to drop your sword in the water (by confirming it) then be my guest.
>> The 'extract_obj()' call should be taken as something to adjust for you own
>> MUD, not something set in stone. Preferably it will be changed to some
>> method where the players can get the object back (I kicked around the idea
>> of donating them but that made something somewhat realistic really
>> far-fetched.)
>
>If there is drop protection I see no reason to let the players get
>their items back, unless you want to implement that, of course. It
>would make a swimming/diving skill kind of useful now that I think
>about it.

AFF_SUNK?  Kinda like buried items, except in this case you need to be able to
dive to the bottom of the room to see or get it.  If there is a down exit, it
would float down until it hit the bottom.  If there is a connected room with a
down exit, it could randomly move in that direction and then sink some more.

Ron