ShopKeepers

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer@BAYOU.COM)
Date: 10/19/97

well, i'm assuming this is a small bugfix,
of course i can't figure out WHY it wasn't implemented before.

i recently had the infinite shop_keepers problem.
the one where the mob_index's function == SHOP_FUNC() function
ie  the Shop Keeper's secondary Spec_proc was a Shop Keeper.

well, i don't know if this is gonna make a major difference to something
or not,
but here goes.

in assign_the_shops() in shop.c
in the for() loop
before if (mob_index[SHOP_KEEPER(index)].func)
put
    if (mob_index[SHOP_KEEPER(index)].func &&
        mob_index[SHOP_KEEPER(index)].func == *shop_keeper)
       continue;

this will skip a mob if its function pointer is ALREADY a shop keeper.
it seems to work now, although i don't really see how it happened in the
first place :-P

anyway, lemme know if there's a slight flaw in my logic
on this one.
have fun and
Code On
Akuma the Raging Coder

  | "The poets talk about love, but what I talk about is DOOM, |
  |      because in the end, DOOM is all that counts." -       |
  |   Alex Machine/George Stark/Stephen King, The Dark Half    |
  |        "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"            |
  |   "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."    |