Re: Weather & Zones?

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 10/19/97

On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Søren P. Skou wrote:

> But here's the line :
>
> As far as I can see it, the weather is the same NO MATTER where you are
> on the mud. Pretty strange I would say, since I would presume that the
> Mudarea streches over several 100 of miles. But as of right now, I have
> no Idea on how to do this. (My brain is a bit empty *muahaha*), or
> rather where to start, and where to end?

I removed the weather data struct from structs.h, and stuck it in with
the rest of the zone data. I alterd the stuff in weather.c and
act.informitive.c to take this into account.

Every tick, I loop through all the zones and alter/check their weather
pattern just like stock code, but each zone changes on its own.

On boot, the starting weather pattern is randomly determined. I changed
it so that it looped through all the zones and set their weather pattern
individually.

I also went a step farther and add climates to the zone data. There are
different weather patterns for the different climates. No snow in the
tropical areas, and no monsoons in the arctic regions.

I would post some code on it, but it's all archived away while I'm in the
middle of Slackware re-install. If you need more details, let me know. I
should be able to provide them towards the end of the day. (Once this
install is done.)

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.