Question

From: Franco Gasperino (awe@CET.COM)
Date: 10/21/97

  Just the other day I was taking a look at comm.c, and noticed
that calls to select() seemed a bit odd. Now, i've used select()
under windows, and have noticed that the integer that stores
the fd_count is reset to 0 after each select call. I've always had
to make a temporary fd_set object to hold this temp value, then
replace it after a select call.
  Circle does not seem to do this. As a matter of fact, while I
haven't step through it to see what it actually does under Linux,
I don't even see a temp data item to hold a value like that.
Could someone clue me in if that fd_count problem is specific
to windows, or did I overlook something. All of my books
describing the ip functions under unix also show the coping of
the fd_set too.

Franco Gasperino
Cutting Edge Communications
Programmer / System Administrator