[IDEA] Mob Aging (was Re: Powerful mobs & Cityguards (was Mud Cheats))

From: Co-Sysop (dmodem@CYBNETONLINE.COM)
Date: 10/24/97

At 08:39 PM 10/24/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hmm. on the other hand, a hatchling could be charmed..and if the player
wanted
>to wait 2000 (or more,'pending on your philosophy on dragons) game years
>(ehhehe.)
>it might become a powerful pet, otherwise it'd be pretty much like have a
>wardog,
>'cept very clumsy. :)

Now that you mention it...Why don't mobs age?  Players age (although you
don't really notice very much) so why not mobs?  Have certain mobs turn
into another mob after X amount of years until it eventually becomes as old
as it can get.  Or just boost some stats or allows the mob to use different
spells at an older age.  For dragons this is a pretty good idea (most of
what I know about dragons says, the older they are the tougher they get)
and you could have a larger variety of mobs with fewer actual .mob files.
obviously this could be done with some spec_procs (which is what I plan on
doing) but this is definately something I will consider permanently adding
to the code and mob files, and if I can get around to it anytime soon I
will send the code to the list.  Or if you can't wait make it on your own.