Help with a Unix script for...

From: SJM (meadsh@ECE.ORST.EDU)
Date: 10/28/97

Hello, I have a file that has over 6500 lines of code I want to use but
almost every line has a '+' in front of it.  The code is from a patch
file that I couldn't get to patch so I am doing it manually.  Can anyone
help me with a simple unix script that will filter out these '+'s?
Maybe to read in the first character of every line and if it is a '+'
then delete it, otherwise move on to the next line.  Or does anyone know
an easier way?

-Shaw