Re: [Coding] Damage

From: ;P (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 10/31/97

> I am interested showing damage per hit to characters.  I have messed with
> several of the src's including the fight.c, act.offensive.c, etc, but to
> no avail, i was wondering if anyone else has tried this and is it possible
> to tell me what have you done?

in fight.c:

  /* damage message to damager */
  send_to_char(CCYEL(ch, C_CMP), ch);
+ sprintf(buf, "(%d Damage) ", dam);
+ send_to_char(buf, ch);
  buf = replace_string(dam_weapons[msgnum].to_char,
       attack_hit_text[w_type].singular, attack_hit_text[w_type].plural);
.
.
.
  /* damage message to damagee */
  send_to_char(CCRED(victim, C_CMP), victim);
+ sprintf(buf, "(%d Damage) ", dam);
+ send_to_char(buf, victim);
  buf = replace_string(dam_weapons[msgnum].to_victim,

this will show damage amounts to the attacker and the victim, but not
onlookers...the same can also be done in skill_message

siv