Re: Hacker MUDSTEALER ALERT

From: Soren P. Skou (serces@MUD.DK)
Date: 11/03/97

> Ohumm, and you would actually give someone totally fresh access to
> the codebase? =)
*chuckle* I really think that people Giving access to a complete
stranger would be the equivalent of Inviting your Worst competitor
to look at your blueprints (Or something like that) .. I code alone,
wouldn't want it any other way, Only other thing we have is
Builders. *shrug* They do not have access to the code, this just
means more work for me, but on the other hand I think I remember
something from the FAQ or somewhere else (Just checked, it's on the
Circlemud Homesite)

So, you want to run your own MUD, huh?

If you're already an old hand at playing MUDs and you've decided you
want to start one of your own, here's my advice: take a vailum, lie
down, and hide in a dark closet until the desire goes away. Just
playing MUDs is masochistic enough, isn't it? Or are you trying to
shave that extra point off your GPA, jump down that one last notch on
your next job evaluation, or get rid of that pesky Significant Other
for good? If you think silly distractions like having friends and
seeing daylight are preventing you from realizing your full potential
in the MUD world, MUD Administrator is the job for you.