Re: Suggestions for new patch levels (was: RE: [Off-topic] Just a follow-up to the swapping thing...)

From: Michael Graziano (mikeg@HOFLINK.COM)
Date: 11/03/97

I've been playing on an in-the-browser mud running as a Perl script which uses
ascii text Pfiles.  They DO take up more disk space, but they're small, all
they are is one line of stats, seperated by colons (like
NAME:Encrypted_PWD:LEVEL:EXP:GOLD:ETC.........), they are pretty small and
allow you to fix broken players very quickly (Items are stored as I####, for
example say a dagger was #1 it would be I0001)
Rent and stuff could be added in and calculated easily by the game by adding
in another variable, and it shouldn't take up much extra space...