Re: Rom, Circle, and Notes.

From: StormeRider (silk@ICI.NET)
Date: 11/04/97

Actually on the MUD that I played (*EoD based on ROM style*), I have seen
people roleplay out how their notes were delivered at times, which was
good. Like a banner tacked to a wall in every city, a pigeon, etc. But then
again I'm NOT working on removing global communication on my MUD, sooooo...
:) I am also planning on having forgery code, and chances that private
notes will sometimes be seen by others :)

If I can understand Rom enough to port it, that is...

At 09:56 AM 11/4/97 -0600, you wrote:
>=>Disadvantage is that the boards are floating and global- for things like
>=>guild boards, IMHO a local board in one room only is better. When you are
>=>working on removing global communication, it's pretty silly for a note to
>=>instantly reach its target. I plan therefore on keeping the floating
>=>boards for OOC notes, while having localized classic Diku-style boards for
>=>IC notes.
>
>To make this more realistic, you could create a pigeon or something to
>carry the note to the person via the hunting code. This way your notes
>could be captured by the enemy or what not.  And if it is sent to the
>guild it would get posted on the guild board.  Just a few thoughts.
>
>--
>
>Dez.

        .--.        .-----------       StormeRider
       // / \  __  /    ------        winds@ici.net
     //// /// '~ (    ---         CircleMUD 3.0bpl11
    // /  // :    ; ---              cmoo.com:4004
           //..\\       http://members.tripod.com/~WindsOfStorm
           UU   UU
           '//||\\`