Re: [Idea] Shopkeepers

From: j f chaos (jfchaos@JUNO.COM)
Date: 11/05/97

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997 11:55:08 +0100 Gerhard POUL
<gpoul@IDEFIX.HTL-TEX.AC.AT> writes:
>Hi,
>
>what are you thinking about the idea that MUDders can make the jobs of
>pcs??
>
>Maybe they can buy Shops and sell items there, or be a butcher, or
>killers, or so....

  Sounds kind of like Ultima Online(tm), a good idea still. I think it
would be fun to play a Blacksmith and have pc's come to me for their
weaponry and the like.

>it would be also cool if you can give people general rights so that
EVERYONE can modify his own rooms with the redit command (ONLY the
description and flags)... I'm thinking about paying an amount of gold so
they can change it...

>What are you thinking about these 2 ideas??

  That would add to the areas a bit, by allowing other people to do it,
you get some free time to do other things, like improving your
code/zones.
  You'd have to have it check some flags so that others can't just run in
and change other people's rooms tho.

Lord Chaos

Ideas are great, but coming up with new ones is a tedious task.