Re: Hacker MUDSTEALER ALERT)

From: j f chaos (jfchaos@JUNO.COM)
Date: 11/05/97

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997 13:12:17 -0500 Edward Glamkowski
<EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM> writes:
>This is getting both silly and off-topic ;)
>
>>[SNIP]
>>> BTW, on the manhole thing, saying, "so they won't fall through," is
>>> kindof dumb.  I would think they're round because manholes are
>round.
>>>

>>Actually, they are round so they won't fall through.  If you think
>its
>>dumb, try being hit on the head by a falling manhole cover.  You
>might
>>appreciate the thinking behind the covers.
>
>You could just as easily make them square, and make a shelf
>area around the hole on which the cover rests (the hole
>itself being square).
>
>They are probably round because:
>#1. it is *easier* to make the hole/cover system if it is
>round (though it is by no means impossible to make it any
>other shape), and
>#2. they are probably a more natural shape for people to
>be able to fit through ;)
>
>man hole covers... sewers... ObCircle:
>Anybody else think the sewer area could stand a re-write
>and/or re-calibration.  I know I almost never explored the
>sewers as a player, and I suspect it is one of the most
>underused areas in the mud.

   I was thinking of adding sewers to every part of my mud, since it's in
a future setting, where would all the waste go?  It would take up a lot
of time to sit down and write sewers that link w/ the mud, maybe separate
zones for the sewers. I think manhole covers would have to be added. =]

Lord Chaos