Re: [QUESTION] Saving throws

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 11/07/97

On Thursday, November 06, 1997 8:56 PM, Co-Sysop
[SMTP:dmodem@CYBNETONLINE.COM] wrote:
> At 11:51 PM 11/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Co-Sysop wrote:
> >>have one probably.  When I try to advance someone to a high level (to imp
> >>someone for example) it doesn't advance them to the level I wanted.  For
> >>example:
> >
> >Make sure your xp table always increases for every level.   (Run the
> >'levels' command.)  It can happen...
>
> Well would you look at that...  It turns out the amount of exp needed
> became so large it became negative.

I liked handling exp differently (back when I used it)...

The idea was that exp was a bank account. You cashed in
exp to gain levels. If you ever got to -(exp_to_level) you were
permanently dead. This didn't kick in until level 10..

An idea... hopefully worth the bandwidth required to send it :-)

--Mallory

Neither sweat, nor blood, nor frustration, nor lousy manuals
nor missing parts, nor wrong parts shall keep me from my task.
  --Christopher Hicks