Re: Compiler error

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 11/07/97

On Thursday, November 06, 1997 9:12 PM, David Klasinc
[SMTP:bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI] wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Nov 1997, Jason wrote:
>
> > make ../bin/circle
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jhorn/mud/0.0/src'
> > gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall  comm.c
> > gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall  act.comm.c
> > gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall  act.informative.c
> > gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall  act.movement.c
> > gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall  act.item.c
> > gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
> > make[1]: *** [act.item.o] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jhorn/mud/0.0/src'
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> This is usualy hardware problem, to bemore specific, my experience is that
> if you get eleven, then it is ram, procesor or mother board that is
> faulty. It was like this in 99.5% cases that I had, the rest were bad
> settings in BIOS or other faulty hardware :)

Along the same lines, I used to get internal compiler errors on MSVC.

Turned out to be bad ram..

If you put a fast enough drive on a windows box it does work
the hardware fairly hard. Not as hard as your various flavors
of unix though.

ObCircle:
 Why are fountains and drink containers like they are?

 Isn't a drink container just a waterproof container? And
 a fountain a water proofcontainer that can't be picked
 up and gains liquid over time?

 In addition, liquid should just be another item type. Then
 you are free to make it drinkable, poison, napalm, green-goo,
 blood, etc..

 "get water barrel" -- You try, but it slips through your fingers.

 It's almost worth implementing just so you can have that message :-)

 --Mallory

--Mallory

Neither sweat, nor blood, nor frustration, nor lousy manuals
nor missing parts, nor wrong parts shall keep me from my task.
  --Christopher Hicks