Re: [idea] Banner while offline

From: Edward Glamkowski (EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM)
Date: 11/07/97

>If i make a shutdown pause the mud goes down but a banner will be taken on
>the same port...
>
>when i delete the pause file the banner will be destroyed and the mud goes
>online again... so you can tell the people who connect then that the mud
>is offline at the moment and that you are working on it...

This is actually a very good feature, and I would suggest
it be made part of stock! (or at least BobMUD :-)

I don't think this is something you add to the circle code
proper, however, but in the autorun script, so that if
autorun detects a shutdown, it runs another program on
the port which displays the message.

Although you would have to add checks to comm.c to see if
the program is running, and if so, kill it.