Re: [CoreDump] [HELP!!] TEDIT

From: R. E. Paret (rparet@DARKRUNE.GURU.ORG)
Date: 11/07/97

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Angus Mezick wrote:

>      ObCircle: I was thinking about a polymorph spell, what problems can
>      people forsee with placing the char's body in a holding cell, and
>      moving their desc to a mob? on top of this, keeping the player
>      specials.

How about this:
  Add an affect flag (AFF_POLYMORPH) that would control any gains or
losses a char that was polymorphed would receive (ie, str, skills, etc)

Then have a ch->morph in the char file (hehe yeah, new char file stuff)
and every time the mud displays ch->desc, have a check like if (ch->morph
&& IS_AFFECTED(ch, AFF_POLYMORPH) ....

This would be alot simpler that trying to do a switch-type operation like
you described and still keep all the char specials.

Cheers,

-R

Dark Pawns
pawns.guru.org 4000