[WIN95][Game-loop?]

From: Baktor Silvanti (baktor@BEDFORD.NET)
Date: 11/08/97

I have been thinking about how to add what I would concider a very nice
feature for windows95 and being able to shutdown the mud quickly.  I was
curious of how hard and basically where to start my idea.  Well, lets
get on to the idea itself.

1.  somewhere within the game loop adding a check to see if the
program's window has been given any commands.  ie.  click on the window
the mud is on and type "shutdown die".

2.  if input from the window--treat it like an IMP typed it?  or maybe
code a whole separate section for command parsing this? I've not really
thought too much on this section.

3.  [optional]-- only scan for input if the mud is in sleep mode.  if
awake, the owner of the mud must do the login-shutdown-whatever bit.
This makes it a quick way of shutting down only when nobody else is on
(a typical thing on my mud as its a test site for code.)

I hope I have written this out clear enough to portray what I'm thinking
of coding.  Anybody attempt something of this sort yet and if so, how?
Any basic advice on how to code such an option?

thanks yet again.

Baktor Silvanti