Preliminary Generic OLC

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 11/11/97

I've just finished the basics for the Generic OLC support of rooms and the
need saving list.  I know there are memory problems with it currently but
it shows how I'm progressing with the idea.  I'll finish up the room code
and get it fully debugged (especially the memory problems) before moving on
to the rest.

The patch is based on OasisOLC v1.5 but I DO NOT RECOMMEND APPLYING THIS.
Simply look at 'genolc.c' (and the real_zone() function in db.c) and you'll
see what's going on.

The room deleting code appears to be fine (I can delete over 30 rooms
without crashing although I haven't investigated the subtle aspects) but
the room copying code is definitely buggy.  I believe the room adding code
is fine as I added rooms 4 through 10 without a crash. The real_zone
function I made is not the same as the real_zone in Oasis so change the
real_zone(number) call in olc.c to real_zone(number / 100) if you actually
want to try it.

Once again, just read it.  Please do not use it unless you know what you
are doing.  (As in you want to help find the bugs.)
http://www.van.ml.org/CircleMUD/genolc.patch

Sammy, you alive?